Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday 11/7/10

Dear Journal,

I usually don't write before church but because something happened and I'm trying to get into the habit of not telling people all of my business. So I feel more comfortable writing it down. So you know I decided to leave Ed alone and my friend Bey invited me over to her house. She knows I don't drink and so all I had was a sprite and some dip. Towards the end of the night her sister opened a bottle of Moscato. She asked me to try it so I had a very little bit. It was OK. Nothing to write home about. Later her uncle asked everyone to take a bday shot. I noticed someone gave me one too and she was like just drink it. I did. I almost gagged. It was sooo nasty. While there I almost contemplated starting to go back to the club and occasionally drinking like I used too. Eddie sent me a text and I responded. I also told him about the drinks. When I awoke this morning her wrote me a long mssg about how I needed to just be myself and not try to change to be like him.

M: this girl from work had me takin shots. It was soo nasty I almost gagged
E: don't go out and drink because I said we were different. Maybe I'm trying to be like you not wanting you to be like me if that makes any sense. Just be yourself.

( I wanted to curl up and go in a hole because I felt so stupid)

At first glance I was smiling because it meant that he liked my traits and was even considering making a change. At second glance I was a little taken aback because he thought I was trying to be like him. It made me think. Am I trying to be like him? I do remember a few things I did ask others who are similar to me. I asked Renee how old was she when she stopped clubbing. When she said about 29. I did think about possibly going back. Then I asked Ti about clubbing. He said he still went and he just didn't' drink and grind on women. So maybe unconsciously I was tyring to be more like Eddie. So after writing this I feel a little better. I don't like alcohol that much. I do like sour apple martinis and amaretto sours but that's about it. I don't like clubs because its the same thing just a different day. Oh well, I'm going toput a stop to this whole thing and just chill with the questions and the exploring of the other side. So maybe Eddie helped me out more than he knows.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment