Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday 11/6/10

Dear Journal,

I have had an epiphany. I basically freaked out on Wednesday's post only to find out that it was unnecessary. Almost everything I said in their is null and void. I freaked out for no reason. This is where the whole epiphany things comes in. I've realized:
1. I can't go to just anyone for advice (that's why the Bible clearly says to seek wise counsel)
2. Go to God ( if I do it saves a lot of heartache)
3. I like to know everything (this is not the best trait when it comes to life)


I'm going to elaborate on #3. I like to know everything, when, where, how, and why. But unfortunately or should I say fortunately God doesn't work this way. He reveals things to us when he thinks it is necessary. We just have to wait until his promise is revealed. This whole waiting thing is difficult for me. I feel like I'm in limbo and I want to do something. God on the other hand wants me to wait and trust. Wait for the right time and then he'll move. Trust that he knows what he is doing and when the time comes all will be revealed. So that's when it hit me. Rodney told me a month ago that he needed time and I didn't listen. Instead of waiting to see if God wants me and Rodney to continue our friendship, I started diddling and messing and fixing things all the while I was pushing Rodney away and making myself go crazy. I'm also having issues with buying a new house. On one hand I want to buy a new house because I am so ready to move out. I want my own space. I want to see what it is like to live alone. I'm 27 and I've always lived at home except for when I was in college. On the other hand I want to move out of SC so I don't want the chance that I will have to buy a house only to have to sell it. It doesn't help that the buying process is moving uber slow and now I have another area of my life where waiting is all I can do. So my new motto will be Wait and Trust.

OAN: I was on the Good Girls Blog and she gave me something interesting to think about. It will potentially help me with my current and/or future relationship.

Scriptures:
1 John 3:18, Proverbs 31:30, Ephesians 5:25, 1 Corinthians 13:13

Questions:
1. What do you like?
music, art, architecture (house, cars), dancing, reading, action movies

2. What makes you laugh?
jokes, etc. I loves to laugh so it's not hard to make me laugh

3. What makes you angry?
having to repeat myself, when things are not done the way I want them to, when people pick on the underdogs, when people don't help

4. What makes you sad?
when people hurt my feelings (ex. laugh @ me, degrade me or make me feel stupid)

5.What makes you excited?
art, architecture, doing new things

6. What motivates you?
my family (seeing them prospers makes me work harder), strangers ( I don't ever want to be known as lazy so that makes me work harder)

7. What keeps your attention?
technology, art, architecture, hair, movies, games, television, traveling, doing new things.

8. What keeps you peaceful?
praying, reading my bible, singing, sleep, art, architecture, quiet moments.


Prayer: Lord, waiting is hard. When I'm not sure what's next, I tend to freak out and overreact. I hate not knowing. You know everything and I don't so waiting is something I have to do. It is difficult for me to do alone so I need your help. My prayer is that you will give me direction in the area of waiting. I know that without you I am unable to wait successfully. So, please be with me and give me the guidance and direction that I need to wait.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment